Oil & Energy is an Australian company that specializes in the distribution of petroleum products and related services. They operate in various sectors of the industry, including commercial and industrial, transport, aviation, mining, and marine.
The company offers a range of products such as diesel, gasoline, lubricants, and chemicals, as well as storage and dispensing solutions. They also provide services such as fuel management, tank cleaning, and equipment maintenance.
Oil & Energy has a large network of distribution facilities and partnerships with major oil companies, allowing them to serve customers across Australia. Their focus on quality, safety, and sustainability has helped them establish a strong reputation in the industry.
Oil & Energy is committed to staying at the forefront of technology and system advancements to ensure their business operations are running as effectively as possible. As part of this ongoing effort, they have made the decision to migrate their legacy ERP system to the Microsoft Dynamics platform. This allow them to streamline financial operations, supply chain management, warehouse operations, and payroll management through the implementation of Microsoft Business Central.
Oil & Energy has opted to use multiple modules within Microsoft Business Central, including Finance, Supply Chain Management, and Advanced Warehousing with Tasklet Factory WMS solution. In addition, they have decided to sync their Microsoft Dynamics Customer engagement with the new ERP system. To further optimize their operations, they will also be implementing Liveware payroll extension and developing custom extensions.
By implementing Microsoft Business Central and these additional modules and extensions, Oil & Energy was able to improve their business processes, increase efficiency, and enhance overall performance. This move reflects their commitment to investing in the latest technology to better serve their customers and remain competitive in the industry.
INTEGRAL is glad to assist Oil & Energy by providing consulting, implementation, training, custom extension development, and ongoing support services to meet their ERP requirements.
Oil & Energy Pty Ltd was facing numerous challenges in managing its operations efficiently. The primary challenges were:
- Falling Behind on Technology: Oil & Energy Pty Ltd faced the challenge of staying up to date with the latest technology and keeping pace with their competitors. They struggled with integrating their existing systems with other applications, which resulted in costly exercises and delays.
- Inefficient Communication: The communication between their Microsoft Dynamics CRM and legacy system did not work as efficiently as expected. The company was continually revisiting errors and fixing issues to work with their sales team.
- Inefficient Supply Chain Management: The company’s supply chain management was limited by their legacy ERP system, leading to delays in procurement, inventory management, costing issues, and order fulfillment.
- Ineffective Warehouse Management: The company was using a stock module in their legacy ERP system, which provided limited options for managing their multiple warehouses and putting procedures in place for supply chain management and stock in/out from the warehouse.
- Limited Customer Engagement: The company struggled to engage with customers effectively, resulting in missed opportunities and revenue loss.
To address the challenges, Oil & Energy Pty Ltd decided to implement Microsoft Business Central with multiple modules. After discussing with Oil & energy Senior management, Integral consulting team has suggested Microsoft BC ERP solution was to be implemented in three phases.
Phase 1: Finance Module & Supply chain management
During the first phase of the implementation, Oil & Energy Pty Ltd focused on improving their core business operations by implementing the Finance module and Supply Chain Management module. The Finance module included essential features such as General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, and Cash Management, which streamlined financial operations and reduced errors. Additionally, it improved financial reporting, providing accurate financial information to stakeholders. The Supply Chain Management module included features such as Procurement, Sales, Inventory, and Production, which helped streamline the supply chain, reduce lead times, and optimize inventory levels. By integrating the Supply Chain Management module with the Advanced Warehousing module with Tasklet Factory WMS solution, the company was able to automate warehouse operations, improving inventory accuracy and providing real-time visibility into warehouse operations. This phase laid a solid foundation for the subsequent phases of the implementation.
Phase 2: Integration with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central and Liveware Payroll Extension
The second phase of the implementation involved integrating Microsoft Dynamics Business Central with Liveware Payroll Extension to streamline the payroll process and provide enhanced visibility into payroll-related data. This integration allowed for seamless posting of payroll-related transactions into the general ledger, ensuring accurate financial reporting. Additionally, the Liveware Payroll Extension complied with regulations and standards related to payroll processing, reducing compliance risks for the company. With the integration, payroll processing time was reduced, and the system generated real-time reports that enabled managers to track and analyse payroll-related expenses, labour costs, and other metrics to make more informed decisions. Overall, the integration of Liveware Payroll Extension with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central Helped Oil & Energy Pty Ltd simplify their payroll process and improve their financial reporting.
Custom Extension Development
To full fill specific business processes, Oil & Energy Pty Ltd developed a few custom extensions, including:
- Custom Reports: Custom reports were developed to provide specific financial and operational data.
- Business process Extension: Business process extensions was developed to manage and track some of the information in the production and operation cycle.
After implementing Microsoft Business Central with multiple modules, Oil & Energy Pty Ltd was able to achieve significant improvements in its business processes. The key results were:
- Open up the latest technology for Oil & Energy to keep up with the highest system standard and provide access to integrate or develop any other solutions with Microsoft Business Central ERP System
- Streamlined supply chain management: The Supply Chain Management module helped the company streamline the supply chain, reduce lead times, and optimize inventory levels.
- Improved warehouse management: The Advanced Warehousing module with Tasklet Factory WMS solution helped the company automate warehouse operations, improve inventory accuracy, and provide real-time visibility into warehouse operations.
- Improved customer engagement: The integration with Microsoft Dynamics Customer Engagement helped the company improve customer engagement, leading to increased revenue and customer satisfaction.
Integral a valued partnership with Oil & Energy
We, INTEGRAL are happy to assist the Oil & Energy Microsoft Business Central ERP implementation process with some customizations to suit their business process flow and successfully complete the project.